23 Jul 2010

blah to TADA!


I spent about an hour going through Claire's amazing blog - Blah to TADA! - don't even take my word for it, just get over there. Claire has such an eye for detail it's unreal, she recycles [or upcycles] so many things into beautiful creations. Her creativity is evident over every page. The picture above shows crayons which had all been broken, so she melted them down, then poured them into an Ikea ice-cube tray and allowed them to harden as heart-shaped crayons!!! I know my little girl would just love them!




How about this? Using old eye-shadow with glue as paint to make exotic looking stationary! If you are anything like me you have a tonne of old eye-shadow you never wear sitting in a drawer which is more stale than Tutankhamen!! There is no way I could list all the things she makes/recycles/upcycles, it really is on another level. If you have anything left over - even toilet roll tubes - she could show you how to make headband or bracelet stands to display your jewellery!! 


Delicate Eccentric

4 comments:

claire said...

Hi Owlette! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for creating a post, too! I'm honored :) I hope my ideas are useful to you and your readers. Take care!

Delicate Eccentric said...

Glad you enjoyed it Claire! I definitely have you on my watchlist now - you are extremely talented!

Janice Tiburcio said...

Thanks to this post I just gained two new blog addictions!

Oh well...

-MsRigby (via swap-bot)

April Klich said...

Thanks for showing off this blog. I can't wait to dig through the archives.